Hi
Thursday dad called me and told me about the train strike. I was so excited to know he was coming either Friday night or Saturday morning. On Friday I woke up normally at the god awful time of seven o clock in the morning. I went through the day as usually but for getting calls from dad. I told him that of course I want to see him that night. He came over at meet my family here but the kids. Jolan was sick and both were in in bed or we were not at my house when they were up. On Friday night we talked a bit with Sylvia and Markus. Then we head down to an alt part of the town. We had some dinner real German dinner Zweibelrostbroten. It was so good. Then we went to pick up the books Ygrayne sent me. (thanks so much for the books) What about the book So worthy my Love? I hope everyone is fine over there. Then dad sent me home in a taxi.
On Saturday we went to the Kruppe house called Villa Hügel. There was tons of exhibitions. Kruppe the main one who built Villa Hügel built U boats for the Germans. He also made train wheels, and so on out of still. It was so big yet pretty. The garden was a forest itself. After eating a bratwurst with senf ( mustard) by the sea. We went back to the Villa to see the rest of it. We also went to Dusseldorf. The altstadt part of it. We walked around and looked at the monuments and other things. Then we had dinner in the altstadt( that was a good dinner ). Let me tell you, you do not know an open shopping spot for anything. The atmosphere was amazing. Santana Row has nothing on Europe at least Germans. Dad took pictures but the only picture of the two of us is in the train station. By the way I was so busy traveling and having fun that I did not realize how much I missed all of you till i hugged dad. I miss all of you.
10/08/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It is very nice to hear about what you did Giselle. I am glad that you miss us, wait- does that sound funny?! You know what I mean! It was great to talk to you and I am very glad that your dad was able to arrange to see you in Germany on this trip!
I am working on a little something to keep your tootsies warm. You'd better like bright colors though! (they will cheer up those grey winter days!)
Much love,
Cindy
Hey, Giselle! Let me guess what Ygrayne sent you...romance books! Lol. ^-^ How's the weather in Germany? Sound's like you're having a lot of fun! Did you get my e-mail regarding the wedding date change? Drop me an e-mail and let me know if you can still come.
I had a great time visiting you and it was wonderful to see you in such good spirits. Remember to get out and see more of your surroundings and meet some Germans as well as other AuPairs.
Love,
Dad
Hi Giselle -
It was great to finally see some pictures! I hope you get out on your days off and do some more sightseeing - I know it can be hard in a foreign country, but it's so worth it. You're going to have a lot of amazing memories from this trip.
What else do you do in your free time? Keep us posted with what's happening in your world...
Love
Tia Maya
Post a Comment