Hi,
Sorry everyone but I have not had the energy to post blogs. The last time I posted was after we went to beligum I lot of things has happened then. I went to the Weihnactsmarkt, had christmas with the family and now it is almost new year.
Now the Chirstmas market was fun. I went two times there. Once with my Au pair friends and once by myself.On December 6th Sinterklass I came down as usual and found a Saint Nickolas after eight.I then worked and then I went to the Aupair meeting. At the meeting we stayed at the Cafe in the Volkhochshule and talked. Then we went to the Christmas market. At the christmas market we drank Glühwein and it tasted good.Through it was raining at the christmas market it was still fun. Then people started to leave but for three au pairs and me. I stayed and went to the bookstore and bought some chocolate. On December 7th a friday I stayed at home. Makus had made dinner before he went to Dusseldorf with Silvia so I feed and brought the children to bed. On December 8th I woke up but the other were not there. When they came home we had lunch and then went to get a tree. At the tree farm we had Glühwien and kid punch. Then we went a animal petting zoo and feed the horses. Then went back to the house had dinner. I went after dinner to the Christmasmarket. I bought chocolate and a pair of gloves for my normaly cold hands. By the way it is freezing here.
On Christmas eve we went to Thomas and Steffi it was a normal day before I still had to work. At Thomas and Steffi the christ kid comes instead of Santa Claus and we open presents. I got a three day trip to Venice from Silvia, Markus and the kids. I also got a candle. On Christmas day we went down for lunch at Markus parents place. We ate and opened more presents. I got there from the parents of Markus chocolate(you can't go wrong there) and a travel perfume bottle of Channel number 5. Then as we were going down the stairs I sprained my foot. Blaugh I hate it when that happens. We went to Sitas and had soup with rabbit in it and again opened presents. I got a travel bag with shampoo and conditioner and so on. On and of course on Christmas eve I talked to my family.
Your welcome for the chocolate and gifts.
Thank you Valurie for the Starbucks decoration for the tree.
- By the way who ever heard of the Chirstmas pickle of germanys tradition it is wrong. It is more popular in the united states not in germany.
and Happy Holidays to everyone.
We did not open my gifts to the parents and to kids till yesterday.
12/29/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well it's about time you wrote, girl! ;-)
Great to hear from you - you sound very busy. What a wonderful present the trip to Venice is! Wow! I want one too!
We missed you on Xmas eve, but it was nice to talk with you. It was good to have (most of) the family together one last time before your dad & Cindy & Anna head off to Bangalore.
Eat some good chocolate for me - and HOW ABOUT POSTING A PHOTO OR TWO?
Love you bunches,
Tia Maya
Hi Giselle!
Nice to hear about all of your adventures. We are busy packing, sorting and such. I will remind your dad that we should call on New Years eve or day. I need to send you an e-mail about some stuff, but I will do that later. Back to packing!!!
Love,
Cindy
Hey! I'm glad to know you got the gift relatively soon. They wanted us to send it FedEx for $48-$60!! Outrageous! Lol. Btw, do you have Starbucks in Germany? I know they do in Japan and other places! Lol. Yeah, I remember Mrs. R teaching us about the Christmas pickle...I think I forgot the story about it though...and a lot of German for that matter. Isn't that terrible? Heh. School starts again tomorrow for me since we are on the Quarter system and not semester. Feels like high school, everyone else has a month+ off.
Post a Comment